Our Monthly Round-up of the key pieces in Marketing for April – we’ve chosen five key articles, and an inspiring brand blog. If you missed any of them – have some time, they are all well worth a catchup. Our May Round-up will include insights from the 20th Adforum Summit taking place in New York this week. http://haiconsulting.com/category/views/
Here are our April highlights:-
1. Our Top pick this month, we’ve picked a piece from the HBR this month on why marketers are returning to traditional communication methods. The authors explain seven factors driving this trend, including the ability of traditional ads to break through digital clutter. It’s a good read.
2. Secondly, we’ve gone for the latest piece from McKinsey on how brands can adapt and thrive as the cookie crumbles.
3. Thirdly, we have picked a UK piece from WARC and the Media Leader on the positive growth of the business. We’re seeing a slight bump up in media spend, that’s not yet filtering through to the creative agencies. UK adspend in 2021 reached £32bn, ahead of expectations. An increase of 34.3% and an absolute increase of £8.2bn year-on-year, £2.3bn ahead of previous expectations. Internet spend increased by 40.5%, or £6.8bn, to a total of £23.5bn.
4. Fourthly, It’s Rishad Tobaccowala again and one of his latest pieces from his substack – The future does not fit into the containers of the past. This one is on Career goals and its good.
Here is the link: https://rishad.substack.com/p/career-tools?
5. Fifthly, a piece from the Creative Salon. Ian Darby talks to a number of agency leaders. After the last two years of turmoil, agency leaders can be forgiven for feeling a bit punch drunk. But in adversity some important leadership lessons have been learned
Here is the link: https://creative.salon/articles/features/leadership-lessons-feature
6. Sixthly, we’ve picked an excellent blog by Henley local – the Creative Duck on five brand storytelling truths. We recently took twelve Henley businesses to Bremont, for a tour Inside the factory. And from this – Joey McGinn and Nicola Nott produced this fabulous blog on what they learnt.
Time for the Work: We love a great marmite ad, and a good piece of OOH. This could be the poshest one yet outside Harrods in Knightsbridge. Congrats to Adam and Eve DDB for this latest gem for Marmite Truffle – Posh! https://creative.salon/articles/work/posh-marmite-adam-eveddb
Media Tech: Only one story in the tech world right now and the demise of Netflix which took a 40% share tumble this month. Here Simon Andrews with Fixlite gives his view. https://mailchi.mp/addictivemobile/fixlitemonday-april-25?e=fcb1e7fb84
Back to Henley: The boat tents and booms are going up on the river. For the first time, there will be six days of Henley Royal Regatta this year in the first week of July. It’s a fine time to be out of the river.
We’re here to help you with your agency resourcing structures, agency reviews, evaluations and benchmarking to improve your marketing performance, do get in touch – for anything we may assist you with.